James Gear International Fellowship Application
Closing Date: 28 February And 15 September Of Each Year
Please note the following:
- The award, which is at present R 350,000 + flight (one year only), is for outstanding candidates to enable them to develop their research careers in overseas academic institutions.
- The fellowship is a prestige award made only to those eminently well qualified to receive it.
- Those eligible for the award are postgraduates with at least a medical degree or degree in veterinary sciences or a doctorate in the sciences or equivalents.
- Potential applicants may need to be interviewed by members of the Scientific Advisory Panel.
- Fellows will be required to give an undertaking to return to South Africa for at least 3 years upon completion of their research project internationally.
- Preference will be given to South African citizens or individuals with permanent resident status.
- The deadlines for submission of applications must strictly be adhered to. Applications must arrive at the NICD on or before the deadline date. No late applications will be considered.
- Ensure that all sections of the form are completed and all requested documents uploaded before submission.
- On return to South Africa, the applicant can apply for an amount of R 250,000 for a 1-year post-fellowship research grant at an approved South African Institution.
- After completion of your James Gear International Fellowship Grant, a Final Report Form MUST be submitted and can be downloaded from here. Please send the completed form to email@example.com
James Gear International Fellowship Application Signatory Form
Please download the Grants Application Signatory form below and re-upload it in the relevant field in your application form after signing.