Closing Dates: 28 February, 15 July and 15 October each year
- The PRF awards bursaries towards obtaining the following types of qualifications:
- BSc (Hons) – Applicants that have obtained a minimum pass of 60%
- Masters – Applicants that have obtained a minimum pass of 60%
- Bursaries are ordinarily awarded only to South African citizens or persons with permanent residency permits for South Africa. A limited number of bursaries may be awarded to other non-South African applicants.
- The PRF does not support applications from full-time employees (salary receiving employees)
- Once the award has been made the scholarship holder cannot change the research project without the approval of the PRF
- All new applications as well as renewal applications must be completed in full and all required documents attached (this includes Supervisor’s written support)
- Please note: Other than exceptional circumstances the maximum duration of support will be 2 years for Masters and 3 years for PhD bursaries.